WhatsApp, owned by Meta, unveiled the screen-sharing feature in 2023, adding a dynamic dimension to video calls. Similar to platforms like Google Meet and Zoom, this functionality proves versatile, catering to various scenarios from collaborative work sessions to educational interactions.
Using WhatsApp Screen Sharing on Mobile App:
- Open WhatsApp and initiate a video call.
- Tap the screen-sharing icon at the bottom of the display (on Android, it resembles a phone with an arrow; on iOS, it appears as a screen with a figure).
- Confirm the decision to share the screen.
- The user’s screen becomes visible to others in the call.
- To stop screen sharing, return to the WhatsApp app and tap “Stop Sharing.”
WhatsApp Screen Sharing on Windows Desktop:
WhatsApp’s desktop app provides added flexibility, allowing users to choose between sharing their entire computer screen or a specific application. Follow these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp desktop app and start a video call.
- Click the Share icon in the call window.
- Select whether to share the entire screen or a specific app.
- To conclude screen sharing, return to the WhatsApp app and tap the “Stop Screen Sharing” icon.
This new feature elevates the utility of WhatsApp, offering users an additional tool for effective communication and collaboration.